The first records mentioning the village of Slatinice date back to the 13th century, to the era of the Přemyslid dynasty’s reign. In 1580, the Moravian renowned physician Thomas Jordan of Klausenberg began to use Slatnice’s curative water for healing purposes. The spa was later founded in the 17th century. The dominant buildings of the village are the Baroque church with a parish office, the spa building, school and the Sokol gymnasium, mill and “Lichtenstein Court”, now occupied by the municipal authority. The newly restored spa buildings in a landscape architecture style have true family atmosphere. During the whole year there are social, cultural and sports events held here. The Slatinice spa offers activities for leisure time not only to its spa guests but also to the general public.