The spa was founded by an Austrian noble family Seilern Aspang in 1742 on leased land. Later, Count Jan Bedřich Seilern inscribed this estate to state records as their domain, when the Viennese doctors confirmed the therapeutic effects of local water sources , gradually built the spa building in Baroque style fading . Lázně Kostelec served first and only nobility greatest extent reached , when it was owned from 1899 – 1908 Kroměříž doctor J. Kovar and spouses Mašlaň . The spa was rebuilt into a modern medical center that has become a social headquarters of the region. The twentieth century was the spa too happy. During the second World War baths were severely damaged during the war were nationalized , and in 1964 sold np Vitkovice . Although he built accommodation facility , which is used today, but at the same time dampen spa treatment in Kostelec so that the baths were excluded from the list of spas . The new owner of the Property – the company s ro ZLÍNSAT , which owns the spa and hotel in February 1994 followed the long tradition of spas in Kostelec and purposefully renewed spa treatments using local medicinal sulfur springs .